Wanderlust


In the throes of some extreme wanderlust at the moment. The entire day has been SO BLOODY unproductive, its not even funny. I recently moved into a new office, one which has a spectacular view (from the 9th floor of the building), and spent the entire day gazing out, reading poetry that had something to do with travel. That is, I spent hours scouring the web for travel poetry to read. Highly recommend this. Not to mention this lovely anthology of travel poetry here.

Blech. Of course, this means I have more time (rather, incentive) to blog. Once I get home, that is.

The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say.

- J. R. R. Tolkien


[Zion National Park, Utah]


[Yosemite national park, California]

[Seville Cathedral, Spain]

[Chinatown, Singapore]

[Fullerton hotel, Singapore]


[Random apartments, Singapore]

[Road trip, Santa Barbara]

[Ooh, guess where!]


[Chatfield Hollow, New England]

5 comments:

sinusoidally said...

Wow the pictures are really nice, did you travel to all these places recently?

That Armchair Philosopher said...

Thanks :)

Yep, trips made in the last .. hmm, about 6-8 months or so. Singapore was just a few days ago, Spain about a month or two previously..

Sigh.

Szerelem said...

Heh, I think everyone is suffering from wanderlust. You shouldn't crib you know - you've been travelling so much!

That Armchair Philosopher said...

Thats the thing - if I hadn't been, I probably wouldn't be so stricken :)

Princess Consuela Banana Hammock said...

these pictures ar ereally beautiful .....lucky you !!!!
loved the singapore apartments one ....